Our client in South West London is recruiting for a Licensing & Enforcement Team Leader with in depth knowledge of licensing to start asap. The Team Leader will lead a team of specialist private sector housing enforcement and licensing professionals, ensuring that the functions of the team are undertaken in an effective and efficient manner, identifying priorities, allocating workload, monitoring performance, reviewing and signing off notices and licences, as well as monitoring and reporting on collection/achievement of income on a regular basis
· Advice to private sector tenants, landlords, & owner-occupiers about housing disrepair issues.
· Monitoring of private sector housing conditions, including assisting with enforcement action.
· Registration & monitoring of Houses in Multiple Occupation in accordance with legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Inspections of private sector properties, responding to tenant complaints, drawing up schedules of condition & disrepair.
· Assessing properties in accordance with Housing Health and Safety Rating System/Decent Homes Standard.
· Preparation of enforcement notices.
· Identifying empty properties and working with team to bring these back into use.
· Develop processes/procedures, including flow charts, for how to deal with empty properties.
· Act as technical lead for contractors carrying out housing repair functions, including pricing schedules of work & checking others’ pricing.
· Assist with monitoring and delivery of such contracts.
· Identify HMOs, register HMOs and prepare licences where required, inspecting and advising tenants, landlords and others.
· Advise customers on private sector renewal issues, including home energy efficiency and liaise with colleagues and outside agencies to ensure the customer receives a full range of advice on services available.
Education and Experience
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or equivalent including Maths & English. demonstrable Housing Act 2004 private rented sector enforcement experience Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) Experience in Housing with either a Local Authority or RSL or relevant voluntary or private sector housing organisation Knowledge Private Sector Decent Homes Standard Housing Renewal and practical enforcement knowledge Working knowledge of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively call the office on 020 8125 4321.