Job Title: Senior Environmental Health and Licensing Manager
Post Reference Number: 004320
Working Hours: 37
Salary Range: £58,638 to £64,145 pa – pro rata for hours worked
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to capitalise on your wealth of experience to lead our high-profile Environmental Health and Licensing teams. You will have overall responsibility for delivering all the statutory functions of the service, and using your in-depth knowledge you will provide advice, assurance, and guidance to all our customers and stakeholders. We seek an ambitious and innovative individual who is willing to continue to learn, while nurturing the individual and collective talents of the teams and establishing a supportive compassionate culture.
Consider this role if you are committed to excellent customer service, have a passion to make a difference and an appetite for transformation – this role offers a real opportunity to expand and diversify your professional development and become part of a team that is committed to change.
This is an exciting time for Stevenage Borough Council; its ambitious growth plans are being realised and a comprehensive town centre regeneration scheme is well underway which is delivering on the ‘Future Town, Future Council’ strategic vision.
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified Environmental Health Practitioner registered with EHRB or the CIEH.
- be organised, accurate and flexible with strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work on their initiative.
- be adaptable, with an eye for detail and capable of working under pressure.
- be a self-motivated and highly personable individual with excellent communication skills
- have a clear understanding of current issues facing environmental health and local licensing
- have a strong commitment to driving forward key projects and service delivery
- possess the pragmatism and acumen to secure the best outcomes for all stakeholders
- be capable of fostering partnerships and effecting behavioural change.
Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements. Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated. A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- 25 days holiday rising to 31 days (depending on Local Government service)
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport Cycle to Work scheme Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans. Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC) Discounted Health and Fitness membership Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be made online; please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
For an informal discussion about this role please contact:
Name Zayd Al-Jawad
Job Title Assistant Director Planning and Regulation
Phone Number 01438 242257
Closing date for receipt of applications: 3 March 2024
Interviews will be held week commencing: 11 March 2024
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities