IRC144528 - Operational Risk Business Partner
1 x London and South East and 1 x North West England
Salary: £43,407 per annum
Contract type: Permanent f/t (37.5 hrs pw)
Closing date: 25th February 2024
We have two Operational Risk Business Partner positions available, one in the London / South East region and the other in the North West of England.
Imagine visiting and working at some of our amazing places, using your skills and experience to ensure they are looked after for ever, for everyone.
It’s really important to us at the National trust to manage our risks across all places and as such we are looking for an Operational Risk Business Partner to join us on a permanent basis.
Your contractual location can be the nearest property or regional hub to you. We offer a hybrid working arrangement.
You’ll hold a full UK driving license and be willing to travel within the London and South East Region or the North West of England. This may occasionally involve overnight stays as and when required.
First interviews will be held on the 8th and 11th March 2024. Second interviews will be held on the 18th and 19th March 2024.
What it's like to work here
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine. We’ve got passionate people in all our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve.
We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
We offer a hybrid working arrangement. There is an expectation for regular travel within your region, alongside working remotely and from our Regional Hubs. Occasional travel will be required to other locations outside of your region and to Head Office in Heelis for team meetings. Your contractual location will be discussed at interview but will be a Regional Hub based in the region(s) you cover.
What you'll be doing
You’ll act as the expert in providing general advice to a portfolio of properties in your allocated region.
Your day could be anything from dealing with regulators, helping develop internal policy or advising on complex property related projects across a varied geographical area, with everything from Mansion Houses, villages, farms, castles, monuments and acres of woods, coast and open countryside.
You’ll need to be adept at flexing your style and taking a pragmatic and imaginative approach to achieve compliance.
You’ll report to the Senior Operational Risk Business Partner and be closely supported by the national specialists within Operational Risk.
Who we're looking for
You can view the full role profile for this role in the document attached. You don't need to have all the knowledge, skills and experience listed in the role profile; this is just to provide a full picture of what is possible in this role, we’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant qualification in Health and Safety (e.g. member of IOSH or CIEH)
- Strong technical expertise in Health and Safety and Risk Management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the relevant legislative frameworks.
- Experience of providing advice in a complex environment would be beneficial, as would experience of working in a similar organisation.
- Practical and pragmatic: you should be able to demonstrate great influencing skills as well as the ability to build strong relationships – both internally and externally.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax-free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Perks at work discounts such as gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most Trust places
- Independent financial advice
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.