Environmental Health Officer (Private Sector Housing) - Part Time, 6 Month FTC
Salary: £39,406 (Pro-rata)
Location: Tunbridge Wells - Town Hall
Working Pattern: Part Time
Hours: 22 hours per week.
DBS Check: Yes
Closing Date: 18/02/2024 at 12:00
What’s the job?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our busy Private Sector Housing team on a part time, 6 month fixed term contract. You will be contributing to improving standards and health outcomes for our residents. The role entails investivating compaints, applying housing standards, taking enforcement action and licensing our HMOs. You will deliver grants and financial assistance to adapt and repair properties, and energy efficiency initiatives to achieve low carbon and warm homes.
What’s our vision?
You will play an important part in delivering the Housing Services vision “to be more than a housing service. We are passionate about what we do, and we will work resourcefully and creatively as one team, going the extra mile to improve the lives and homes of our customers.”
What will I need?
You will have:
- a BSc or MSc in Environmental Health and be EHRB registered and/or on the CIEH Professional Register as a Chartered or Registered Environmental Health Professional;
- Experience of the full range of private sector housing;
- A strong interest in improving private sector housing and health outcomes;
- The ability to prioritise a busy caseload and find positive solutions to complex challenges
- Be highly motivated and enthusiastic with strong customer centred skills.
What you get in return
- 26 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays (pro rata).
- Membership to Local Government Pension Scheme with 19.7% employer contribution
- Career development and training opportunities
- Access to eye care vouchers and VDU Glasses
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to EAP Services 24/7
- Hybrid Working
- Free parking
To find out more take a look at the Job Description and Person Specification below. Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
For an informal discussion about this post, you can contact Sue Oliver Private Sector Housing Manager, on 01892 554190 or email@example.com
Our competency framework describes what's expected from our employees in terms of attitudes and behaviors. To view our core competencies, click here
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies and what it’s like to work here you can follow us on twitter @TWBC_Jobs and LinkedIn @TWellsCouncil
Closing Date: 18th February 2024
Interview Date: 27th February 2024