Private Sector Housing Manager
Location: Tunbridge Wells - Town Hall
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: Yes
Closing Date: 18/02/2024 at 23:55
Are you passionate about improving housing conditions and health outcomes for people to live safely and independently in their own homes?
Do you have the skills and abilities needed to lead and manage a team to provide an effective, efficient and high-quality service?
If you answered yes, the post we’re seeking to fill could be for you.
About the role
Our vision to be more than a housing service. We are passionate about what we do, and we will work resourcefully and creatively as one team, going the extra mile to improve the lives and homes of our customers.
We are looking for an experienced private sector housing professional with a proven track record of leading, managing motivating, and inspiring a Private Sector Housing team and ensure that customers receive an excellent service in line with current policy and best practice.
You will manage the full range of private sector housing functions, to include enforcement, grants and assistance, energy efficiency schemes and initiatives, houses in multiple occupation standards and licensing, caravan sites and empty homes.
You will have experience of working in partnership to deliver projects, budget and contract management, and developing policies and procedures in accordance with legislation.
What will you need?
You will need:
- A BSc or MSc in Environmental Health and be EHRB registered and/or on the CIEH Professional Register as a Chartered or Registered Environmental Health Professional;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to coach and develop staff;
- A proven track record of managing staff and performance;
- A proactive approach to service delivery and a passion for continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Ability to innovate, design and implement new initiatives and projects
What you get in return
- 26 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years’ continuous service
- Membership to Local Government Pension Scheme with 19.7% employer contribution
- Career development and training opportunities
- Access to eye care vouchers and VDU Glasses
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to EAP Services 24/7
- Hybrid Working
- Free parking
To find out more take a look at the Job Description and Person Specification below. Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
For an informal discussion about this post, you can contact Stuart Clifton, Housing Services Manager, on 01892 554608 or email@example.com
Our competency framework describes what's expected from our employees in terms of attitudes and behaviors. To view our core competencies, click here
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies and what it’s like to work here you can follow us on twitter @TWBC_Jobs and LinkedIn @TWellsCouncil
Closing Date: 18th February 2024
Interview Date: 27th February 2024