Our client in North London is seeking a Civil Enforcement Officer with Parking experience to join its team.
To be responsible for enforcing permitted parking places and waiting and loading restrictions throughout the Borough both on- and off-street.
- To provide cover on day-to-day matters in the absence of the Supervising Officer on matters directly relating to the duties of the post holder and refer to more complex issues for a decision where early responses are required.
- To train and/or assist in the training of other staff.
- To issue Penalty Charge Notices as appropriate for contravention of parking, loading, and waiting regulations using handheld computer terminals or handwritten tickets as required. Ensure computer equipment and printers are correctly used.
- To issue leaflets or warning notices to parked vehicles as required.
- To maintain accurate records of enforcement action taken.
- To ensure markings and signs of restrictions are of an adequate standard to ensure effective enforcement, recording, and reporting defects as appropriate.
- To deal with members of the public politely, firmly, and fairly.
- To wear the approved uniform always on duty and to maintain a smart appearance.
- To operate on a rota system as allocated by the Parking Services Manager.
- To use office technology as requested.
- To advise the public in relation to inquiries concerning parking matters.
- To ensure that Corporate and Departmental Health and Safety policies are always implemented and to raise any concerns regarding their operation, or any other Health and Safety matters, with the appropriate line manager.
- To carry out other duties as appropriate to the grading of the post as required by management.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council's corporate procedures on Equal Opportunities and Customer Care.
If you would like more information on the role, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can contact us at 020 8125 4321.