Buckingham Futures have an excellent opportunity in Leicestershire for an Environmental Health Officer / Food Technical Officer to work with the Food and Safety team and work as part of a team to ensure service requests are dealt with according to the team’s service standards to start asap on an interim basis. The majority of the work will be investigating low-medium risk premises and will be paid on a per inspection basis.
Main duties and responsibilities
• general food and health and safety complaint investigation; including food poisoning notifications, food contamination cases, infectious disease questionnaires.
• enforcement liaison; carrying out revisits of non-compliant premises and inspecting low-risk food businesses
• dealing with enquiries such as answering general food and health and safety queries, responding to Freedom of Information requests
• Degree in Environmental Health (or equivalent)
• Higher Certificate in Food Premises Inspection
• Higher Certificate in Food Control
• Basic IT skills and an awareness of food safety enforcement practices within a local authority environment is essential.
NB - This role will be a contract ending in March 2024.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org