‘We may be small geographically but we more
than make up for it in heart, enthusiasm and Team Reading spirit’
Food & Safety
3 x Senior Environmental Health Officer/ Environmental Health Officer / Senior Technical Officer (Permanent / Full Time)
Flexible working opportunities available
Applications for Job Share and part-time working patterns are welcome
Pay up to RG7b, £44,428 (depending on role and qualifications) + Market Supplement for EHRB registered practitioners
Are you passionate about environmental health and eager to make a difference? We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our Environmental Health Team as an Environmental Health Officer, Senior Environmental Health Officer, or Senior Technical Officer where you will contribute to delivering our vision and protecting the quality of life of our residents.
We support hybrid working, it’s important to us that working arrangements are designed to enable our employees to excel and within this role you’ll have the opportunity to work in a way that suits your lifestyle as well as visiting and responding to issues in the borough, and contributing at one of the largest and most respected UK festivals.
The successful candidates will carry out a wide variety of work across the team and manage their own caseload. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a wealth of experience dealing with inspections, complaints, investigations, and event safety whilst providing help and advice to our diverse local businesses, residents and consumers.
There will be the requirement and expectation for some work outside of normal office hours and you will need a flexible approach to your work.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 33 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax.
- Working in a compact borough with an excellent public transport network.
- Relocation and Accommodation Allowance Scheme available (subject to restrictions).
Closing Date – Sunday 25th February 2024. Interviews will be carried out in person w/c 4th March 2024.
For further information please visit Work for the council - Reading Borough Council. Or contact Katie.Heath@reading.gov.uk