Environmental Health Officer
Salary £39,186 – £43,421
1 x Full Time (37 hours)
We are looking for an experienced and qualified officer to enforce, advise and give guidance on environmental health matters. The post holder must have EHRB or CIEH registration.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for statutory duties, including inspection and enforcement of food safety and health and safety and the investigation of food and health and safety complaints, accident investigations, infectious diseases and food poisoning outbreaks.
We are looking for innovative, enthusiastic and confident individuals with drive and determination to join our Health Protection Team. You must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision. The posts will initially be based in Wellingborough but will eventually be working across the whole of North Northamptonshire.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Samantha Edmunds, Health Protection Manager, on 01832 742030.
Closing date - 5pm Wednesday 29th November.
• a competitive salary
• a pension scheme, where we pay a significant contribution on top of your contribution. It provides life cover and ill-health protection.
• opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and potential in a large unitary council
• generous leave entitlement (27 days, rising to 32 days) and bank holidays, plus the option to buy up to an extra 10 days
• agile and flexible working arrangements to help you with a healthy work-life balance.
We are a new unitary council, established in April 2021; we are one of the largest unitary councils in the country.
Our priorities are:
- helping people live active fulfilled lives
- caring for our young people, providing them with high quality education and opportunities
- enabling a thriving and successful economy
- leading on a green and sustainable environment
- ensuring our communities are connected so they can shape their lives and where they live
- providing modern public services
Your differences make us different - Achieve Together.
We are undertaking consultation with the Trade Unions on terms and conditions and the future NNC pay structure and during this time are appointing new employees on interim spot salaries. You will be advised of the outcome and any impact on your role once this work is complete.