Our client in South West London is looking for an Arboricultural Officer to work with the council and its stakeholders to ensure the parks and other open spaces throughout the Borough are attractive, clean, safe and welcoming at all times.
· Planting, pruning (root, branch and crown reduction) training, pest and disease control, lopping, felling and grubbing out
· Maintain all hand tools and associated equipment used in arboricultural operations to include ropes, ladders and power tools such as; chain saws, jacks, winches, wood chippers and stump grinders.
· Work on trees of an unlimited height and size.
· Undertake appropriate training as required keeping up to date with current legislation.
· To undertake ‘on the job’ training of Assistant Arborists and or Apprentices to meet the needs of the service, record all details of training.
· To undertake all arboricultural operations on corporate sites that you are instructed to work on, to include cordoning off work areas.
· Qualified and experienced to carry out chainsaw maintenance i.e. CS30.1 - Chainsaw Maintenance
· Qualified and experienced to use small chainsaw to cross-cut and stack timber i.e. CS30.2 - Cross-cut and stack small diameter using chainsaw
· Qualified and experienced in felling and processing small trees i.e. CS31 – Fell and Process small trees
· Qualified and experienced to perform aerial rescues i.e. CS38 - Climb Trees and Perform Aerial Rescue
· Qualified and experienced in use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness at height i.e. CS39 – Use a chainsaw from rope and harness
· Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation, codes of practice and procedures relating to the management of trees.
· First aid
· Lantra/City & Guilds – Stump Grinding operations
· Lantra/City & Guilds – Wood Chipper operations
· MEWP & Chainsaw use in MEWP
· Full Driving Licence
· City & Guilds - Street works Signing Lighting and Guarding
To register your interest please call us on 020 8732 5450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com