Food, Health & Safety and Fire Safety Advisor
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum; depending one experience
Summary of Position:
To co-ordinate and support the Safety Manager on all aspects with regards to Food, Health and Safety and Fire Safety.
To monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems and compliance relevant to
The Chesterford Group.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support a safe workplace environment to include the Head Office, Warehouse, all Stores and company operated vehicles minimising risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Support with the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Support in ensuring that fire, workplace and work equipment safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Advise on the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Support with a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation.
- Assist with individual health risk assessments when required.
- Support with operational meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Skills & Attributes:
- Confidential in all matters.
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent planning, project management and time management skills. Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft packages. Good administrative and organisation skills. Ability to work on own initiative. Ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements.
- Flexible and co-operative. Driving licence with willingness to travel to both Head Office (Stansted) and to all of our stores on occasions in and around East Anglia, the South East and beyond.
- Desirable – Qualified Environmental Health Practitioner.
- Essential - NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified.
- Essential - Handling of H&S investigations, liaising with statutory regulators i.e. EHO, HSE or Fire service.
- Desirable - At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- Desirable - Experience within food industry or catering.
- Desirable - Experience in managing Health, Safety, and Wellbeing across multiple locations.
- Desirable - NEBOSH Fire Safety certificate or willingness to acquire it.
- Desirable - NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
If interested and like to find out more about the role, please contact our recruiter Sarah via email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.