Assistant Team Manager – Environmental Health and Licensing
37 hours (part time and job share opportunities will be considered)
Grade K (£41,418 - £47,420), plus essential car user allowance
Hybrid Working (based at Codsall Community Hub, with opportunity for blended remote working)
Voted UK Council of the Year 2022 and assessed as a ‘very impressive Council’ in a 2022 Peer Review, South Staffordshire Council is a great place to learn, progress your career and make a difference, and is recommended as a place to work by 94% of our employees.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to manage one of our Environmental Health Teams.
The successful candidate will be one of two of our Assistant Team Managers within the wider Environmental Health and Licensing team with a willing attitude who can develop a culture of challenge, ownership, innovation, and improvement.
You will have excellent knowledge in at least 3 specialist areas as listed below. You will be resilient with the ability to adapt to the diverse role and functions you will lead on. In return the role is an exciting opportunity supporting the management of the team and will be influential in delivering Environmental Health and Licensing in South Staffordshire.
- Food safety
- Health and safety including internal health and safety
- Infection control
- Licensing including premises licences, animal welfare and public health
- Environmental Protection
- Housing standards
You will have significant post qualification experience in UK Environmental Health inspection and enforcement, and be an excellent communicator and be able to effectively supervise, support, motivate and inspire a team as well as manage your own workload to deadline.
Key duties for the role are to act as a subject lead and provide advice, interpretation, guidance, on environmental health and to disseminate this information to staff and members, and to oversee the day to day delivery of environmental health and to work alongside the other Assistant Team Manager and the Manger to deliver a safe, legal and high quality Environmental Health service.
You must have a full driving licence and be able to travel around the District.
- Great leadership, culture and working environment. We take your wellbeing seriously and provide some fantastic training opportunities.
- Our hybrid working provides you with some great flexible working opportunities, in line with the council’s needs. You get to collaborate in our brand-new award-winning
- Codsall Community Hub and combine this with some virtual working from home. Codsall Community Hub boasts electric vehicle charging points, a café, a nursery, a GP surgery and more.
- Free car parking at our Community Hub which is located close to Codsall and Bilbrook Train Stations and M54/M6
- 28 days annual leave rising to 32 days after 5 years continuous service
- 21.8% Employer Contribution to the Local Government Pension Fund
- Access to the Viv-up Employee Benefits Scheme which provides discounts for supermarkets, recreational activities etc
- Up to 24 days Flexi Leave per year once accrued (2 days allowed per calendar month) 10 bank holidays
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
This post meets the requirements of the Public Services Network (PSN) and therefore will require a Basic Criminal Record Check.
For an informal chat about the post please email Jenny Rhodes firstname.lastname@example.org (Environmental Health and Licensing Team Manager) or Lee Jamieson email@example.com (Assistant Team Manager)
Closing Date for Applications: 29 November 2023, midnight
Anticipated Interview Dates: 6 or 8 December 2023
Apply online today findajob.sstaffs.gov.uk