An excellent opportunity has arisen in the East London for a Fire Safety Advisor to provide a specialist operational fire safety management function for all Council owned and managed housing assets delivering continuous improvement in resident safety. Supporting compliance with both statutory and non-statutory fire safety legislation and associated building regulations.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Specialist knowledge of fire safety legislation and its applications to housing.
· Knowledge of the requirements for good fire safety management and maintenance operations.
· Knowledge of Fire Risk Assessment process and guidance/best practice (PAS 79).
Membership of a recognised professional body such as IFE, IFSM, IFPO or similar, with demonstrable evidence of Continuing Professional Development
· Knowledge of building construction
· Knowledge of stakeholder engagement.
· A clear understanding of emerging fire safety and building safety legislation.
· Experience of report writing for different audiences.
· Knowledge of BS 9999: Code of practice for fire safety in design, management and use of buildings.
· A demonstrable understanding of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 200
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Fire safety qualification, NEBOSH Fire Certificate, IFE Level 3 or Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety or similar.
If you wish to discuss this role in further detail, or for an informal discussion, please contact 020 8125 4321. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com