Buckingham Futures have taken on a fantastic opportunity in the Cumbria for an Environmental Health Officer / Food Safety Officer to undertake their duties in the Food Safety Team. The role will be paid on a per inspection and will be for c. 200 Category Cs & Ds Premises.
• Carry out planned food hygiene and food standards inspections and prepare reports and deal with related correspondence, notices and other documents.
• Scrutinise, process and comment on applications, plans report schemes or other submissions for environmental guidance or clearance as directed.
• Undertake the sampling, testing or seizure of food, equipment, materials, or substances.
• Liaise with officers within Regulatory Services, council services, outside organisations, companies, and individuals in order to deliver an effective Environmental Health Service.
• Ensure the Group Manager is kept fully informed on any aspect of work which is controversial, political, strategic, financial or otherwise of a sensitive or highly complex nature.
• Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation, policies, attitudes and techniques relevant to their service groups.
• Successful completion of The Higher Certificate in Food Control
• Fully qualified EHORB registered and eligible for Corporate Membership of the CIEH
• Existing technical knowledge of the relevant areas of Environmental Health or the ability to develop technical knowledge
• Experience of taking enforcement action.
• Experience of a variety of effective communications techniques
• Ability to accurately draft legal documents
• Competent user of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to accurately record data using specialist software systems
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact Jacques at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8125 4321 and ask to speak with someone in our commercial team.