Trainee / Environmental Health Officer (Food and Safety)
Salary: Trainee EHO £29,985 – £37,837 / EHO £38,791 - £48,051
Location: Elmbridge Borough Council, Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9SD
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours per week.
DBS Check: Basic
Closing Date: 9am on Friday 1st December 2023
Reference: PRN000414 /EHO (FS)
Is it time for a new challenge? Have you started thinking work is getting a bit repetitive? Would you like to work in a great team, committed to the community they support? If ‘yes’, think Elmbridge!
We are looking for a talented, committed Environmental Health Professional - we are looking for you!
As part of the Planning and Environmental Health team, you will work within our Food and Safety team, who are, quite frankly, a great bunch of people!
You will help deliver food safety, health and safety, infectious disease control, skin piercing regulation, street trading control and our wider public health remit, all the while protecting our residents and supporting our local businesses. Come and help us develop a thriving and sustainable Elmbridge.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Learning and development:
- Professional development is important, and we will support you in creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
- We know hybrid working is here to stay and we will discuss the right mix of home and office for you and you the service.
- When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees.
- The package:
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking, your birthday and between Christmas and New Year off!
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Kate our Principal Environmental Health Officer a call on 01372 474721.
What are you waiting for?
Closing date: 9am on 1st December 2023
Interview date: Week commencing 11th December 2023