Our client in the Central Lowlands of Scotland is recruiting for an Environmental Protection Officer to start ASAP in a long term contract.
Duties include - duties including Statutory Nuisance, Public Health, Housing, Animal Welfare and Licensing, Water Quality, Noise Control and Air Quality
· Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 as determined by Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1990 and other associated legislation as relevant to the Environmental Protection Section, as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
· Undertake and manage complex investigations in the field of noise nuisance as well as deal with domestic noise issues.
· Undertake acoustic assessments and noise surveys with reference to relevant British and Industry Standards. Authoring expert acoustic reports for the purpose of providing evidence in support of criminal and civil proceedings.
· Produce lead statements and legal files for criminal and civil proceedings
· Act as a profession and expert witness in the field of acoustics and noise nuisance
· Reviewing technical noise reports for planning applications etc.
· Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) Diploma in Environmental Health
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, call us on 020 8732 5450.