Buckingham Futures are recruiting for an Licensing Processing Officer on behalf of our Local Authority client based in North West London to provide technical administrative support across the service areas covered within Environmental Health functions.
1. Provision of general administrative support across the teams within Environmental Health.
2. Dealing with and responding to requests, enquiries, complaints and correspondence from customers, members, businesses, other departments and external agencies, responding where able or escalating where appropriate.
3. Preparing correspondence, licence documents, legal notices, records, reports and statements of evidence as appropriate and necessary.
4. Administering team processes and providing support to officers to ensure the effective delivery of the work of the team.
5. Assisting with the investigation of service issues and complaints in accordance with the Council policies/procedures and contract specifications.
6. Promoting best practice relating to business continuity, civil contingencies, cleansing services, dog control, enviro-crimes, environmental permitting, food hygiene/safety, private water supplies, health and safety (including Corporate Health and Safety), licensing, waste and recycling services and any other EH related matters.
Experience of performing administrative duties
Experience of dealing with customers on the telephone and giving advice or signposting enquiries
IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and Civica App.
Experience of inputting and collating data
Knowledge/experience of Local Government
Knowledge/experience of one or more areas of Environmental Health would be highly advantageous.
This position would suit an Administrative Officer with Local Authority experience or a recent Environmental Health graduate.
NB - The role will be initially for 3 months and paying £16ph. There will also be opportunities for the contractor to further their development in Environmental Health with regards to log book and portfolio.
If you are interested in learning more about the role, please get in touch by calling 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com.