Our local authority client, based in South London are looking to appoint an experienced Health and Safety Manager. Responsibilities will include; to develop, manage and maintain the health and safety and risk function within the Traded Services Division. You will ensure that a health and safety management system is in place and maintained in line with both corporate standards and legislation with immediate focus on the following tasks:
* Review existing Risk Assessments (RAs)
* Carry out in-situ RA operation with operators / users AND responsible service manager.
* Update RA to reflect the above, identifying gaps.
* Summarise gap analysis, identifying and recording further actions (E.g. training needs, specialist equipment needs, CoSHH actions etc.)
* Compile and share revised RA's and gap analysis with DMT / Service Managers.
In order to be considered, it is essential that your CV demonstrates you have experienced as listed above. You must have experience of developing and conducting audits, accident investigation and inspections reporting outcomes and making recommendations. Experience of analysing health and safety data and able to explain and present data to all levels of staff and managers in the council. You must also hold a degree or IOSH Diploma in health & safety or equivalent qualification.
This is an initial 3 month contract starting ASAP and day rates will start from £500 per day.