Post: Environmental Health Officers
Location: Mossley Mill, Carnmoney Rd N, Newtownabbey BT36 5QA
Grade: PO2 (NJC SCP 31-34)
Salary: £37,261 – £40,478 per annum (pro-rata for part-time posts)
Closing Date: Noon Friday 29 September 2023
SALARY: PO2 (SCP 31 – 34) £37,261 - £40,478 (pro-rata for part-time posts) plus 19% employer pension contribution
Temporary, Permanent, Full-time & Part-Time Roles May Be Available
LOCATION: Mossley Mill, but post holder will be required to work across Antrim and Newtownabbey Council Borough
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To protect and promote the health and wellbeing of those who live in, work in, and visit the Borough and to contribute to their quality of life.
Be responsible to the Environmental Health Manager for the effective and efficient performance of a wide range of duties including:
- Enforcing all statutory provisions which fall within the remit of the Environmental Health Section;
- Supporting the Environmental Health Manager to achieve set objectives;
- Identifying information needs within the businesses and residential community relating to Environmental Health matters; and
- Devising, planning and participating in training and information campaigns to promote awareness of legislative requirements and health issues.
- Please note that the panel will use ONLY the information provided on the application form for shortlisting. Therefore, you MUST demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria as set out in the employee specification for the post.
Please ensure you read the guidance notes provided to help you complete the application form.
The recruitment process will assess the suitability of the candidates against the requirements for the post including the 7 competencies identified in the Competence Framework for Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council.
(A copy of the Competency framework is attached for information)
The process will include the following:
• Unseen presentation and interview. Interview date to be confirmed.
Suitable applicants who are not appointed to an immediate vacancy will be placed on a reserve list valid for twelve months and may be offered similar positions (part time/ full time, temporary or permament) in order of merit at the discretion of Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council during that period.
Please be advised, Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council operates a paper free recruitment and selection process. All communication relating to your application will be sent to the email address that you have provided during login.
Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council is committed to appointing on merit, seeking candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds and taking full account of equal opportunities
Further details may be found at www.antrimandnewtownabbey.gov.uk