Dover District Council has an exciting agenda to deliver first class public services, putting our residents at the heart of everything we do. From building new, affordable homes to exciting regeneration schemes. A career with Dover District Council offers you the opportunity to excel.
As an employer, Dover District Council is proud to provide a supportive, friendly, diverse and flexible working environment in which our employees can thrive. We have a team of enthusiastic employees, delivery services they are passionate about.
This is your opportunity to work within a seaside location bursting with heritage, beautiful towns and villages. We are within easy reach of several blue flag beaches and have excellent transportation links to London and the continent via High-Speed trains or Cross Channel ferries.
Who We Are Looking For:
Public Protection Environmental Health Officer
£46,170 - £52,255
The Public Protection Team are responsible for delivering Food Safety, Health and Safety and Port Health (Maritime) functions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, professionally qualified person who can work independently and as part of a team. You must have excellent communication skills, have experience on various IT systems and be able to drive your own vehicle.
If this is you, please apply to come and join our supportive and progressive Public Protection Team dedicated to delivering the highest standards in food hygiene and health and safety in the role of Environmental Health Officer.
The Roles & Responsibilities:
The duties of the post include the inspection of all category food premises including Reg (EC) 853/2004 approved premises, the investigation of complaints, sampling of foodstuffs, following up infectious disease allegations and outbreaks and workplace health and safety interventions including investigating workplace accidents and complaints.
The role also includes;
- Assisting the Public Protection Team Leader in
setting service standards
review and development of procedures
- Taking a lead role in one of the following areas
Health & Safety
Port Health (Maritime)
Applicants for the roles must:
- have comprehensive knowledge of Environmental Health law and practice,
- hold a BSc or MSc in Environmental Health and be EHRB or CIEH registered.
- have a driving license and access to a vehicle for work use.
What Can We Offer?
We can provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to excel in. We also offer several employee benefits, such as:
- Benenden Healthcare Membership and Employee Assistance Program
- Opt-in Local government pension scheme with the opportunity for staff to make advanced, voluntary contributions (AVCs) to top up their pension.
- Generous annual leave provision
- Discount scheme including reduced membership rates at the local leisure centre.
- On-site parking
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Payment of professional membership fees.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a basic DBS check as part of their pre-employment clearances.
If you would like a further discussion about the posts, then please contact Sarah Mattison at email@example.com.
Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight on Sunday 1st October 2023.
Interviews: Week commencing 16th October 2023.