I’m working on behalf of a West Midlands-based local authority to present a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Environmental Protection Officer to join their Environmental Health team on a part-time basis of 2-3 days per week.
Your main duties will be:
- Investigate and address complaints, incidents, and service requests involving air quality, noise, vibration, ground and water contamination, and light.
- Respond to complex and routine consultations and proposals for planning applications, pre-submissions, Development Team submissions, and Building Regulations concerning environmental protection aspects.
- Attend planning committees, Development Team meetings, Health Protection Forums, and other committees, representing the service on routine and complex environmental matters.
- Inspect industrial and commercial processes subject to A2 and/or other environmental permitting requirements, managing and conducting formal and legal proceedings to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare written information and verbal advice for members of parliament, government departments, elected members, council officers, the public, businesses, and other parties regarding environmental protection matters.
- Ensure the operation of environmental monitoring and management systems and equipment, arranged service, maintenance, and calibration requirements, and validated data and information.
What’s in it for me?
- Flexible working arrangements
- 3-month rolling contract
- £40-£45 per hour dependent on experience
- A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or a relevant Environmental Science
- Whilst not essential, an additional specialist qualification in Environmental Protection (e.g. an Acoustics diploma)
- Previous experience in Environmental Protection with a local authority.
- Experience in A2 and/or Part B prescribed processes.
- A proactive approach to investigating and resolving complaints, incidents, and service requests
If you like the sound of this opportunity feel free to contact Michael on 07821 680247 or email email@example.com.