Environmental Health Officer/Senior Environmental Health Officer
Salary: £17,361.50 - £18,630.50 Grade 9, £19,148.00 - £20,748.00 Grade 10 (18.5 hours)
Contract: Part Time - Permanent
We are seeking a part time (18.5 hours per week) Environmental Health Officer/ Senior Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Environmental Health Team.
What will be expected from me?
The purpose of this role is to carry out statutory functions in relation to nuisance including investigation, resolution and enforcement of noise, dust, odour, light, and smoke to protect the health and wellbeing of residents and businesses. Training will be provided.
What I might be doing?
- You will undertake a range of interventions as an authorised local authority officer, including, complaint investigation, monitoring, provision of advice and enforcement activity
- You will ensure compliance with relevant legislation, statutory guidance, including research and monitoring, relating to the regulatory function
- Ensure customer requests are dealt with according to service or statutory timescales
- You will assist the Specialist/Functional Team Manager with research, training, development, and delivery of the specialist work area (Senior level)
- Accredited BSc degree or MSc in Environmental Health or other equivalent relevant professional qualification for Senior/EHO/Unregistered EHO levels
- Registration with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (including EHRB)
- Full UK Category B Driving Licence for cars / light vans
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- We are looking for someone with excellent customer care skills
- Demonstrate an ability to self-motivate with an enthusiastic can-do attitude
What can I expect?
- This is a Part-Time post of 18.5 hours per week. This role includes making visits to locations throughout the district. Office work can be a mix of home and office based (with home working equipment provided) or office based at Wakefield One (near Westgate Station)
- 31* days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays *pro rata
- Support and ongoing training
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Frances Woffenden.
Tel: 07810 152583
Closing date: 8 October 2023.