CIEH Membership, Learning and the Profession Advisory Group - three vacancies
Mission and vision
At CIEH, we have the vision of “safer, cleaner and healthier environments for the benefit of all’. To achieve this, we aim to promote and uphold the principles, standards and good practice of environmental health, in a variety of disciplines and settings, to improve and protect the public’s health, safety and wellbeing.
CIEH set standards and accredit courses and qualifications. We provide training to educate, inform and boost the skills of environmental health professionals and the general workforce across the public and private sectors. Our training also assists employers to comply with legal requirements and best practise, to ensure that businesses can enhance the health and wellbeing of staff and clients.
Why join us?
Being a governance volunteer is a great opportunity to support CIEH in continuing to achieve its vision of creating safer, cleaner and healthier environments for the benefit of all. Members of our committees and advisory group bring their experience and enthusiasm to help shape the future direction of CIEH and have the chance to learn from other volunteers, working collaboratively to ensure we meet our charter, charitable and legal obligations.
We have three vacancies on the Membership, Learning and the Profession Advisory Group and are looking for two CIEH members and one non-member with relevant skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Board by helping to review and formulate strategies for membership and the wider profession.
- Recommending policies for member recruitment, engagement, retention and services.
- Recommending changes that might be needed to the Code of Ethics and Fitness to Practise Rules.
- Advising the Board on membership grades, fee structures and entry criteria.
- Advising the Board on the academic integrity of CIEH learning, including new and changed qualifications.
- Assisting CIEH in building strong and positive relationships with the Higher Education and Further Education community.
To find out more about these roles or apply, visit our website at https://www.cieh.org/about-us/work-for-us/
Applications close - 09.00, Friday 2 October 2023
Shortlist confirmed by Monday 16 October 2023
Interviews - Thursday 9, Friday 10 and, possibly, Thursday 16 November 2023
Outcome advised by Friday 1 December 2023
Induction - Monday 11 December 2023
Take up office - Monday 1 January 2024