Risk and Compliance Business Partner
- The Restaurant Group plc
- National Role but Midlands based
- £35,000 - £45,000
- Closing date
- 24 Jun 2023
- Food Safety, Health and Safety, Private Sector
- Consultant, Management, Senior / Principal
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Risk and Compliance Business Partner
National Role but Midlands based
We're The Restaurant Group (TRG for short) and we're one of the UK's biggest hospitality businesses. Were a significant player in the UK casual dining market, operating over 400 restaurants and pubs including Wagamama, Frankie and Benny's, Chiquito, and Brunning & Price. Our diverse portfolio of brands provides something for everyone, and we are proud to be TRG.
As a member of TRG Risk & Compliance team, the Risk & Compliance Business Partner will report to the Risk & Compliance Manager. You will advise on operational risk, compliance and safety issues at site level and help improve compliance standards across your sites. You will ensure that safety risks are identified and managed and promote and develop a positive safety culture across your sites to ensure compliance with all safety legislation and standards.
- Have a hands-on approach to safety support and changing site safety culture to improve safety performance.
- Investigate accident & incident cases, statutory report and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Complete risk reporting and analysis.
- Champion and help guide sites on all matters related to Food, Fire, Health & Safety, Licensing & Trading Standards.
- Build credibility and strong relationships with site leadership through interactions.
- Influence and escalate on issues related to operational compliance.
- Support sites and report back to the R&C Manager in responses to enforcement notices / advice from EHO, and ensure that appropriate remedial action is completed.
- Develop and undertake risk assessments and safe systems of work as necessary
- Support the safety audit and loss prevention audit program, safety checklist, and associated metrics.
- Manage accident and incident reporting and responses to RIDDOR / other incidents to ensure appropriate investigations are carried out and any improvements are actioned, both at a site and if required across the estate.
- Carry out site risk visits, supporting coaching visits and training where required
- Act as internal voice to drive the H&S culture within your sites, promote best practice, and work with training teams where deficiencies are identified.
- Attend area meetings to communicate effectively through the organisation and reinforce the importance of Risk & Compliance.
- Create safety refresher training tools on “hot topics” where required
- Involvement in new site development to ensure that new sites comply with existing safety standards and potential legislation is taken into consideration.
- Legally allowed to work in the UK
- Hold a valid, current driving licence.
- Previous experience of similar role
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health & Safety & Food Safety legislation
- Level 5 qualification or higher in either environmental health, food safety or health & safety.
- Member of CIEH or IOSH
- Practical Trainer, Group Training qualifications along with Powerful Presentations.
- Extensive knowledge of your brand – ideally from site management level and multi-site management operations
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Interpersonal and influencing skills to manage relationships at all levels
- Computer skills and analytical experience.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and industry guide to good practise
- EHORB registered Environmental Health Officer
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude with a passion for H&S.
- Ability to develop commercially based, pragmatic solutions and strategies to H&S issues
- Self-motivated, professional approach to work
- Ability to form excellent relationships with senior operators
- High levels of energy and drive.
- Emotionally resilient; able to handle a high workload
- High standards of personal presentation
- Well organised and effective
- Strong Personal Management (time keeping, well prepared and organised)
Please contact email@example.com for further details.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert