Environmental Health Officer/Environmental Protection Officer (P00299)
Passionate about Environmental Health?
Have you got the ambition, knowledge and experience we are looking for?
If yes, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an Environmental Health Officer / Environmental Protection Officer to join our forward-thinking Environmental Protection team. This will be an interesting and varied role delivering; complaint investigations, planning and licensing consultations, air quality management, contaminated land assessments, private water supplies, drainage, public health funerals and filthy and verminous premises.
What’s in it for you?
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (5 additional days following 5 years of continuous service)
- £35,713 – £38,680 salary (up to £39,878 with excellent performance)
- £1,239 per annum essential car user allowance
- Work mileage payment scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Relocation package available (subject to agreement)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Wide range of employee discounts at high street retailers, including supermarkets, stores and restaurants
- Employee Assistance Programme (free 24 hour legal, financial and personal advice for employees).
- A Cycle to Work scheme which could save you around 40% on cycles and accessories
Who we are looking for:
If you are enthusiastic, innovative and will positively contribute to driving the service forward, we would love you to join us as an integral member of our team. You will also need to use your own initiative, be proactive and work well in a team and alone.
You will ideally have:
- Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent degree with relevant experience in the Environmental Protection field
- EHORB registration, including working towards or equivalent with relevant professional membership (would be an advantage)
- Practical experience and/or qualified in acoustics and noise control (would be an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
Newly qualified Environmental Health Officers / Environmental Health Practitioners are encouraged to apply.
Looking for a varied work environment?
Our offices in Lyndhurst are in the centre of the picturesque New Forest, with open plan layout and modern meeting spaces. There is also the opportunity to work remotely and out on district.
The New Forest is one of the largest districts in the country situated on the south coast. It has a unique and diverse environment which includes the outstanding New Forest National Park, thriving towns and villages, a 64 km coastline and Fawley, Hampshire’s largest COMAH site.
We value and encourage new ideas and creativity, that will contribute to the success of this role and work in a trusting and open culture where every employee is supported and respected. We also recognise the value of a highly motivated and engaged workforce and we actively promote a good work/life balance.
If you're ambitious and passionate, are driven to deliver, and want to be part of our team, we welcome your application.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Rachel Higgins, Environmental Protection Team Manager, 02380 285339 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 11th June 2023
Interviews are likely to be held the week commencing 19th June 2023