Environmental Health Officer / Food Safety Officer
- Buckingham Futures
- Closing date
- 22 Jun 2023
- Food Safety, Health and Safety
- Full Time
Buckingham Futures have taken on a fantastic permanent opportunity in Hampshire for an Environmental Health Officer / Food Safety Officer (Specialist Band 7) to cover food hygiene and health and safety (with the opportunity to do some Primary Authority work)
- To provide technical professional environmental health services with the overall aim of protecting and improving the health and wellbeing of every resident, worker and visitor within the Borough.
- The post holder will be required to undertake their duties in the Food, Health and Safety Team
- Undertaking food hygiene inspections across all risk categories (A – E)
- Undertaking inspections of approved premises, taking enforcement action including notices, seizure and prosecution where appropriate.
- Investigate complaints including allegations of food poisoning and confirmed cases of foodborne illness.
- Investigate health and safety complaints and accidents taking the necessary enforcement action.
- Successful completion of an Environmental Health degree/The Higher Certificate in FoodControl
- Fully qualified EHORB registered and eligible for Corporate Membership of the CIEH
- Existing technical knowledge of the relevant areas of Environmental Health or the ability to develop technical knowledge
- Experience of taking enforcement action.
- Experience of a variety of effective communications techniques
- Ability to accurately draft legal documents
- Able to successfully work as part of team and deliver effective team results
- Able to progress sometimes complex projects in a timely manner accurately and in accordance with the relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads with a minimum of supervision and achieve regular and consistent outputs and performance targets
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with a wide range of contacts and to deal with difficult or complex issues
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities within the organisation and externally with local residents, businesses and customers
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us at 020 8125 4321 to speak with a member of our Commercial team or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Environmental Health Officer / Food Safety Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert