Air Quality EHO
- Buckingham Futures
- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Environmental Protection
- Consultant, EH Practitioner
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client in Hampshire is recruiting an Environmental Protection Officer to advise and give guidance on environmental health matters.
1. Deliver a range of services within a framework of legislation, statutory instruments, codes of practice, corporate policies, and guidance
including inspections, surveys, visits, investigations, sampling, complaint investigations, gathering evidence, carrying out interviews
under caution, taking statements and determining the most appropriate course of action in accordance with the Enforcement
2. Undertake consistent, proportionate, targeted, accountable and transparent enforcement action to resolve any identified non-
compliances. This may include the service of notices and seizure of equipment, including representing the Council in court where formal
proceedings are taken.Interpret complicated legal and technical information, applying it in a fair, proportionate and consistent manner.
Provide high quality, timely and accurate professional advice,guidance and information to customers and colleagues, in a format
that is clear and appropriate.
3. Scrutinize plans, carry out surveys and make recommendations on planning applications in relation to pollution control matters such as
nuisance, contaminated land and waste.
4. To lead on the investigation of complex statutory nuisance cases in accordance with relevant legislation, guidance and Council policy.
Participate in the mentoring and career development of less skilled or experienced colleagues.
5. Assist the Pollution Control Manager with policy development and review as required.
6. This list of accountabilities is illustrative and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the tasks and responsibilities of the post. The
post holder will be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the responsibility level of this post, as directed by the Pollution
Control Team Manager.
· A post-graduate diploma or MSc in Environmental health is advantageous
· Previous experience working within environmental protection for a local authority
NB - This will be a role to carry out Air Quality and planning applications work on a permanent basis.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email email@example.com.
Apply for Air Quality EHO
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert