Housing Enforcement Officer
- Oyster Partnership
- £40 - £45 per hour - umbrella
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Consultancies / Contract Work, General Environmental Health, Housing
- Consultant, EH Practitioner, Senior / Principal, Technical / Scientific, Other
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An Essex-based local authority is currently looking for a Housing Enforcement Officer to join their Regulatory Service Team to help address potential risks of external fire spread in high-rise dwellings in their borough.
What is expected from you:
- Drafting, serving, and monitoring notices.
- Collaborate with the Government's Joint Inspection Team (JIT) and building owners to ensure the provision of accurate and relevant information.
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision and provide regular progress reports.
- Should enforcement action become necessary, you will act as the council's principal witness.
- Enhanced DBS (required)
Experience and skills
- Proven experience in assessing dwellings and conducting technical-level engagement.
- Knowledge of the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) and its application in fire safety assessments.
- Proficiency in drafting and serving complex notices, along with analysing responses.
- Previous experience in assessing fire safety and risk, particularly in tower blocks and high-rise buildings (highly advantageous).
- Prior experience in the fire brigade or as a fire marshal (considered).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Strong organisational and time management abilities.
What is it in for you:
- 3 months contract (potential to extend)
If you're interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please get in touch by email at email@example.com with your latest CV.
Apply for Housing Enforcement Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert