Senior Environmental Health Officer - Private Sector Housing
- Publica Group
- £34,050 - £38,797
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- Housing, Public Health, Street
- EH Practitioner, Management, Senior / Principal
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Environmental Health Officer - Private Sector Housing
- Location: Witney
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Salary: £34,050 - £38,797 Per Annum
- Closing Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023
Here is an exciting opportunity to join the Environmental Health team specialising in Housing and Public health to lead and provide expert guidance in this essential regulatory role for the benefit of the local area and beyond.
This exceptional opportunity would be ideal for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who has already worked within the sector or has transferable skills and experiences, looking to develop their career for the long term. The post offers flexible working, allowing you to work from home and in the office.
Working as a Senior Officer, you will be leading in the Environmental Health functional areas of:
- Private Sector Housing
- Nuisance/Anti-Social Behaviour
- Public Health
We provide an exciting shared service to the residents and businesses of West Oxfordshire, Cotswold and Forest of Dean Districts. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with a track record of excellence in service delivery.
Reporting to the Service Leader, this post will allow you to gain a wide range of experience with particular emphasis on private sector housing. You will carry out a wide range of duties whilst supporting other team members in their routine work and providing technical supervision as necessary. Your work will be focussed in the district of West Oxfordshire, but you will help to provide resilience across all districts making full use of our remote working facilities.
One of our current employees said:
“I have been working for Publica within Environmental Regulatory Services at West Oxfordshire District Council for almost 2 years and it has been fantastic. Starting off as a trainee and having the opportunity to progress upwards and make a difference, having the ability to do good and honest work helping protect our environment within Local Government in a recognised Area of Outstanding National Beauty in one of the most beautiful parts of England is something to be incredibly proud of. All my colleagues are fantastic people and the work we do is rewarding, I look forward to coming to work every day and the challenges it brings.”
You will need
- A Relevant Degree, or equivalent experience
- Relevant post graduate experience and/or qualification
- Ability to remain calm and confident when dealing with challenging customers and environments
- Ability to resolve complex issues by negotiation
- Deliver commitments and take ownership of own caseload, reshaping of plans to deliver required outcomes
- Use of a car for work purposes
Closing Date – Tuesday 6th June 2023 at Midnight
Interview Date – Tuesday 13th June 2023
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Who are we
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist! Publica wants to transform the way local services are delivered. To help do this we have started to fundamentally rethink the way we design our services in the digital era so that Publica is a customer focused organisation driven by real user needs.
What can we do for you
- Agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- Flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 27 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- Health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- Pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- Access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- Generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- Additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- Life assurance, currently four times your annual salary
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
To apply for this position please click on "apply now" within this page to complete an application form and supporting statement together with your CV. Please tell us about your skills, knowledge, qualifications, experience and how they meet the criteria listed above and in the job description/person specification. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so let us know what’s important to you and why you want to work for Publica Group Ltd. Your CV will not be available to the hiring manager unless you are shortlisted for interview to assist with our non-biased screening process so please ensure you complete the application form in full.
It is important that our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientation, those from Black, Asian, and other minority ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert