Senior Environmental Protection Officer
- Publica Group
- £34,050 - £38,797
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2023
- Environmental Protection, Public Health, Street
- EH Practitioner, Management, Senior / Principal, Technical / Scientific
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Environmental Protection Officer
- Location: Coleford
- Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Salary: £34,050 - £38,797 Per Annum
- Closing Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023
An exciting new position has arisen for a Senior Environmental Protection Officer, to join our specialist pollution control team. We provide an exciting shared service to the residents and businesses of Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire.
This exceptional opportunity would be ideal for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who has already worked within the sector or has transferable skills and experiences, looking to develop their career for the long term. The post offers flexible working, allowing you to work from home and in the office.
About the role
Working closely within a friendly and supportive team of dedicated, experienced and technical professionals, you will provide a high-end service, using your expert knowledge to provide practical solutions to a variety of pollution based issues and problems. Your work will be focussed in the Forest of Dean, but you will help to provide resilience across all districts making full use of our remote working facilities.
In any week you could be working on planning and licensing consultations, the regulation of permitted processes, private water supply failures and the investigation of complex noise, nuisance and pollution problems within the Forest of Dean. You may also be required to attend court hearings and inquiries to provide expert evidence.
Through a proactive and transformative approach, you will need the ability to build relationships and implement solutions for a variety of different stakeholders, advising colleagues, members, businesses and residents.
As a valued member of the Environmental Protection team, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the business objectives that will contribute to the achievement of the environmental priorities of the beautiful Forest of Dean area.
A few of our current employees said:
"Working in the Environmental Pollution team has allowed me to develop a variety of skills and has provided diverse experiences, as well as giving me a sense of pride by helping to protect the beautiful Forest of Dean, while assisting its residents and businesses. The team is friendly and knowledgeable and is always advise and support on hand."
"I have been an employee of Publica for just over a year, having previously worked in private sector contracting. Working for Publica has enabled me to have a healthier work / life balance, with the freedom to organise my own workload. Being new to both the role and working in local government, the first year was a steep learning curve, however provisions were put in place to ensure I had the support and training necessary to carry out my duties. The Environmental Protection team are only happy to provide help and support when needed, as well as a general chat and a laugh!"
You will need
- A Relevant Degree, or equivalent experience
- Relevant post graduate experience and/or qualification
- Ability to remain calm and confident when dealing with challenging customers and environments
- Ability to resolve complex issues by negotiation
- Deliver commitments and take ownership of own caseload, reshaping of plans to deliver required outcomes
- Use of a car for work purposes
Closing Date – 6th June 2023
Interview Date – 15th June 2023
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
What can we do for you
- Agile working allowing a mix of home and office working
- Flexible working arrangements (depending on the role)
- 27 days paid annual leave (pro rata if you are working part time) plus bank holidays and an extra two volunteering days off a year for you to support a charity of your choice
- Health cash plan giving you cash back on health, dental and eye care
- Pension scheme with a good employer contribution of 5% of your earnings
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7, providing positive, preventative and supportive advice and counselling to deal with everyday events and issues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme with huge tax and NI savings to be made on electric cars
- Access to digital financial advice (covering your pension scheme, mortgages and other finances)
- Generous sickness cover above statutory entitlements
- Additional income protection, covering 50% of your salary for potentially a further five years if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- Life assurance, currently four times your annual salary
These are just a handful of the benefits that you can enjoy when you join us!
To apply for this position please click on "apply now" within this page to complete an application form and supporting statement together with your CV. Please tell us about your skills, knowledge, qualifications, experience and how they meet the criteria listed above and in the job description/person specification. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so let us know what’s important to you and why you want to work for Publica Group Ltd. Your CV will not be available to the hiring manager unless you are shortlisted for interview to assist with our non-biased screening process so please ensure you complete the application form in full.
It is important that our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientation, those from Black, Asian, and other minority ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
Accredited of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies - Please state this within your covering statement or in a separate email.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert