We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced environmental health or food safety practitioner to join our busy commercial services team.
The position is also ideally suited to a newly qualified graduate in environmental health or someone having completed the academic element of the Higher Certificate in Food Control. We would provide a practical training opportunity to obtain the necessary competencies required to deliver official food controls and other official activities. On successful completion of an internal competency assessment (and completion of the award in the case of the HCFC) you would be appointed as an authorised food and safety officer on the higher grade.
Ideally you will also hold an appropriate qualification in health and safety (however, we can arrange training for the right person). There are a wide range of other duties, including port health work.
You will be working in a magnificent converted stone mill, in a pleasant rural setting close to the Cotswold escarpment but within minutes of the M5 and easy access to Gloucester and Bristol. This is a very attractive area in which to live and work.
For an informal discussion please contact Phil Park on 07831656104.
Benefits of working for us:
- As an employer, the council is committed to ensuring staff have a healthy workplace and has a strong commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff. We apply a flexible approach to work with a hybrid working model available depending on job role, enabling staff to work from the office and from home depending on service delivery requirements. This role is able to work in a hybrid way. The Council also offer flexi time.
- An office building that creates an environment that is steeped in history and is in a scenic location
- Exceptional pension scheme 18% Employer contribution
- Salary sacrifice schemes for Cycles and Electric Vehicles
- 23 days holiday per year rising to 26 days after 5 years service + bank holidays + Christmas and New Year shutdown
- Employee discount scheme available through CSSC
- The Council value the benefits volunteering can bring to others and for wellbeing. Therefore, the Council support up to 3 days per year that staff can use to Volunteer. Learning and development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing service