Senior Food and Safety Officer
- Oyster Partnership
- £ 34,006 - £39,674 per annum
- Closing date
- 12 Jun 2023
- Consultancies / Contract Work, Food Safety, General Environmental Health, Health and Safety
- EH Practitioner, Senior / Principal
- Contract Type
- Full Time
One of our local authority clients in Norfolk is currently looking for a Senior Food and Safety Officer on a permanent basis.
The work consists of supporting the team leader with technical queries of environmental health professionals responsible for the enforcement of food hygiene, health & safety, and infectious disease control.
What is expected of you?
- Work with the team leader to plan and prioritise the team’s workload to ensure the programme of work in our delivery plan is achieved.
- To undertake a range of inspections, taking the lead on high-risk premises and cases, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, projects, and initiatives, including income generation activities.
- Be responsible for promoting, planning, and implementing the day-to-day income-generating services operated by the team.
- Be responsible for and undertake all service requests, accident investigations, ‘near misses’, incidents, and product recalls.
- Be responsible for the performance management/supervision of staff, including motivating, and conducting PDR.
- Update the team leader with key performance information for the council’s performance monitoring system.
- Sharing expertise and knowledge and support Food, Health and Safety Officers, RCO Officers,s and Sampling Officers.
- Take ownership of the technical support and training of staff, including updating the team on new legislation and identifying training gaps and developing needs, and putting in solutions to meet those identified needs.
- Support the team leader with the development of the delivery plan and other EH strategies/ policies and procedures.
- Assist the team leader with complaints, MP/Member inquiries, and FOI requests, and learn and develop the service as a result of such inquiries.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners, including other council services, and public, private, and voluntary sector organisations to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery.
- Represent the Environmental Health & Licensing Team at forums/meetings as and when required by the Team Leader.
- Prepare technical reports and act as an expert witness in court as required.
- Help and support other areas of work within the wider team, as requested by your Team Leader/Senior Management.
- Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent
- EHRB or CIEG registered
- Up-to-date competency framework
- 20 hours CPD
*Candidates with a higher certificate in Food Control or Food Inspection and NEBOSH certificate will be considered.
We would like to attract talent from all corners of the Environmental Health world for this role. Our commitment is to an equitable recruitment process so feel free to apply in any way that suits you, via WhatsApp, video message, or CV, the more creative the better. If these opportunities are not exactly what you are looking for, please feel free to get in contact to discuss what you will be looking for. We are you and you are us.
If you are interested or know anyone who might be, please get in touch with me via email@example.com.
Apply for Senior Food and Safety Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert