Private Sector Housing Manager
- Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
- West Midlands
- £46,549 - £49,590
- Closing date
- 31 May 2023
- Housing, Student Placements
- EH Practitioner, Technical / Scientific
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Private Sector Housing Manager
Salary: £46,549 to £49,590 per annum
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Dudley Council is looking for a forward thinking, experienced and enthusiastic Private Sector Housing Manager to join their Private Sector Housing Team. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to shape Dudley’s vision to improve standards in private sector housing as well as to provide greater access into the private sector for the council.
As the leader of the Private Sector Housing Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of regulation and enforcement of housing standards. You will provide strategic and operational leadership on all private sector housing issues, including licensing of houses in multiple occupation, enforcement against illegal eviction and harassment, and bringing private sector empty properties back into use. You will also be responsible for dealing with unauthorised traveller encampments, and supporting overall policy development, strategic direction, and budgetary control as a member of the section's management team in conjunction with the Head of Service.
You will possess an expert understanding of relevant private sector housing legislation and regulations, as well as the ability to develop and implement comprehensive strategies around this area. You will also be able to work collaboratively with different departments and directorates, reviewing and improving the services provided by the Private Sector Housing Team, maintaining a strong focus on project management at a senior level. Additionally, you will have a proven track record of senior management experience, including the management of teams within the private sector housing area.
In return we can offer:
- A generous Local Government Pension
- Annual Leave – from 25 days up to 33 days (Plus Bank Holidays and 1 extra Statutory Day) depending upon salary and length of service
- Learning & Development – A varied offering of in-house and external learning interventions and professional development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Counselling Service – In-house access for all with a variety of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual needs of each client
- Wellbeing – a range of activities to enhance and support your wellbeing
- Occupational Health – a service to support you to stay well at work, both physically and mentally
- Family Friendly Policies - Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above national average
- Corporate Gym Membership – across Dudley Borough Leisure Centres
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 31st May 2023.
NB. We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if we receive a large amount of suitable applicants.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert