Public Protection Officer (Fixed Term)
- Ceredigion Council
- £34,723 - £36,298
- Closing date
- 10 Jun 2023
- Animal Welfare, Environmental Protection, Food Safety, General Environmental Health, Health and Safety, Housing, Licensing, Public Health
- EH Practitioner, Technical / Scientific
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Public Protection Officer
Closing date: 10/07/2023
29.6 hours / Fixed-Term
£34,723 - 36,298 *
*All salary values are pro-rata.
Public Protection Officer | Ceredigion County Council Careers
We are looking to recruit a Public Protection Officer to join our Public Protection teams on a temporary contract until 31/03/2024, on a part-time basis (29.6 hrs/4 days a week).
About the role
This role requires the candidate to part of a committed and professional team of Public Protection Officers responsible and accountable for the enforcement, control, development and maintenance of Environmental Health and Public Protection standards throughout Ceredigion.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- To act as an authorised officer of the Council and exercise any delegated authority in such a manner that the interests of the Council are not compromised.
- Undertake inspections, investigations and surveys in accordance with the Service area policies, procedures and inspection programmes.
- To interpret and enforce the relevant statutory provisions relating to the activities being carried out at premises in the County, having regard to case law, appropriate guidance, codes of practice, industry guides, etc.
- Initiate appropriate enforcement action to secure compliance with the relevant statutory requirements. To include the collection and collation of evidence in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act for use in Court proceedings and Tribunal hearings etc. Obtain and execute warrants as required under the supervision of the Senior Environmental health officer.
- Take both technical and legal responsibility for the service of Statutory Notices in respect of Environmental Health and Public Protection legislation with appropriate supervision from the Senior Environmental Health Officer.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking to recruit an individual who is: –
- Able to build effective working relationships within and outside the work service area.
- A strong commitment to providing a service to the public.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and the understanding of its importance
- Ability to apply analytical skills to a range of practical problems.
- A commitment to implementing the policies, aims and objectives of the Council.
Minimum of 3 years in Environmental Health / Animal Health or similar.
We welcome applications from non-Welsh speakers. All successful applicants requiring support to learn/improve their Welsh language skills will be offered funded lessons, during work time, to help reach the desired standard.
Our offer to you
We are committed to developing our people and will not only provide support to enable you to quickly and confidently take ownership of this role’s key areas of responsibility but in addition, we are committed to supporting your development in order that you can progress your career with us.
In exchange for your skills and commitment we will offer you a range of employee benefits including flexible working, competitive annual leave allowance, enhanced family benefits, lifestyle savings and employee health and wellbeing packages.
More information about our wide-ranging employee benefits can be found here.
We believe work-life balance is very important. To support you in achieving this, you will have access to the following discretionary benefits:
- Hybrid Working: Subject to certain conditions being met, you may choose to work from home or in an office location. Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for you to travel within Ceredigion on a regular basis.
- Flexi-time: Hours may be worked within a defined bandwidth, Monday to Friday, subject to service needs.
Please see our careers website for the full job description, person specification and to submit your application.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert