Environmental Protection Officer
- Buckingham Futures
- Closing date
- 3 Jun 2023
- Environmental Protection
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client in Suffolk is recruiting for an Environmental Protection Officer to advise and give guidance on environmental health matters.
- Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 as determined by Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
- Carry out the Councils enforcement responsibilities under the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1990 and other associated legislation as relevant to the Environmental Protection Section, as determined by the Environmental Protection Manager in accordance with relevant guidance, procedures and policies.
- Undertake and manage complex investigations in the field of noise nuisance as well as deal with domestic noise issues.
- Undertake acoustic assessments and noise surveys with reference to relevant British and Industry Standards. Authoring expert acoustic reports for the purpose of providing evidence in support of criminal and civil proceedings.
- Produce lead statements and legal files for criminal and civil proceedings
- Act as a professional and expert witness in the field of acoustics and noise nuisance
- Reviewing technical noise reports for planning applications etc.
- A post-graduate diploma or MSc in Acoustics is advantageous
- Previous experience working within environmental protection for a local authority
NB - This will be a role to carry out the functions of planning consultations for noise, odour, smoke, etc.
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Environmental Protection Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert