PERM - Housing Regulations Licensing Manager
- Osborne Richardson
- £47572 - £51654 per annum
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client, based on the South Coast has designated a city wide Additional licensing scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs). This is an exciting opportunity to lead a new team delivering this Additional HMO Licensing scheme.
You will lead, develop, and operationally manage a team of officers responsible for the enforcement and administration of the additional HMO scheme within the Private Sector Housing service. You will ensure the service complies with relevant legislation, regulations and policies, and is a high quality effective regulatory service.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and dedicated manager with a demonstrable commitment to top quality regulatory services, with relevant qualifications and/or experience.
The Council will offer appropriate support to the successful candidate in their professional development
The fulfilment of the purpose of the service is the primary focus as should be the aim at all times
* Provide help and advice to make homes liveable, safe and healthy.
The Housing Regulations Licensing Manager is a leading professional in the delivery of the council's enforcement and regulatory services with respect to licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation. Their role is to ensure that legislation is fully understood and met, and that local policies are developed and then delivered.
The role will focus upon legislative compliance supporting the Head of Service in matters including
* Ensuring that policy is clear, transparent and professionally communicated
* Legal proceedings, including prosecutions, civil and formal actions
* Maintain and development of the relevant IT systems and data management systems.
* Ensuring system thinking principles and value steps against the purpose are understood, maintained, and managed
* Provide support for the Housing Regulation Licensing Team Leaders and other direct reports
* Team development and training
* Directly respond to customers
* Understand and manage the budgets related to licensing and enforcement.
* Ensuring that data is stored correctly and is able to be manipulated to create meaningful measures
* Plan and organise work to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of purpose of the service
* Support the team in taking enforcement action, where required and preparing for cases which may go to tribunal or court.
* Committing to the continual development of the service and personal professional development.
Licencing of HMOs:
* Ensure that any licencing scheme for HMOs is well managed, with clear measures to indicate performance
* Ensure that all standards and licence conditions are clearly and transparently communicated
If successful you will be someone who:
1. Must have successful operational management experience of an enforcement team in a regulatory field.
2. Will ideally hold (or be working towards holding) a level 6 qualification in housing, environmental health, environmental science, engineering or construction related qualification.
3. Holds (or is working towards holding) member level CIEH membership, chartered member of the CIH, or membership of another relevant body. This will include evidence of extensive continual professional development (CPD).
4. Have a high level of knowledge and experience of housing legislation and process around enforcement, particularly in regard to the private rental sector and HMOs.
5. The post holder will have experience of managing substantial budgets and be financially aware.
6. To have proven leadership, initiative and analytical skills
7. Will have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, for a range of audiences.
8. Experience of producing and presenting clear and concise written reports requiring a decision for Portfolio Decision Meetings (or similar governance board equivalents)
9. Working with the head of service be able to draft policies & standards in line with corporate aims.
10. Experience of successfully working as part of a team, as well as with other services and external organisations
A generous pension scheme
Up to 31 days annual leave per year + bank holidays
Flexible / hybrid working
A range of retail discounts via our reward portal offering discounts at retailers including IKEA, Currys, Tesco
Free Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellbeing support
Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships
Potential to purchase additional annual leave
Business travel support and initiatives, including bike loans
About Osborne Richardson
Osborne Richardson are the market leading provider of professional Environmental Health recruitment services throughout the UK and have been providing services to Local Authorities and the private sector for 30 years.
We are able to offer a range of staffing solutions from short term contract to longer term consultancy services, from 1 member of temporary staff to a whole team of Consultants or permanent appointments.
Clients value our honesty and integrity and we have worked in partnership to develop long standing relationships across our network that allow us to deliver a professional and reliable service.
For job seekers, our unrivalled technical knowledge and long standing connections to the environmental health profession allows us to offer unbiased and informed advice to those at all stages of their career whether working on a contract or permanent basis.
For more information about how we can help and to see all of our current opportunities please visit our website www.osbornerichardson.com
3rd Floor, 66-68 Margaret Street, London W1W 8SR
Tel 0207 580 1500
Apply for PERM - Housing Regulations Licensing Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert