Environmental Health Manager
- Buckingham Futures
- South London
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Environmental Protection
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Our client in South London is seeking an Environmental Health Manager to join their Environmental Protection team for a 3-6 month interim contract full-time.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
· To be responsible for the management, direction and development of a team of staff, including determining and setting priorities, analysing changes in patterns of workload, and allocating work accordingly, setting and ensuring the achievement of, standards of performance in conformity with relevant legislation and Council and departmental policy.
· To lead on an area of the service as allocated, provide advice in that lead area and develop policies and procedures. To monitor service delivery and performance both in respect to members of the team and the lead area, and to advise the Environmental Health Manager on performance and capacity to meet requirements.
· To assist the Environmental Health Manager in relation to the service budget by identifying needs and contributing to the collation of budgetary information, assisting in the preparation of budgetary estimates, and monitoring and controlling expenditure on areas of the budget as allocated.
· To prepare and present reports as required, including attendance at committees, working parties, etc. as necessary.
· To identify, and draw to the attention of the Environmental Health Manager, changes in legislation affecting the service, prepare reports and ensure the effective implementation of changes in service delivery.
· To receive and evaluate reports of contraventions of the various statutes and determine the action to be taken, including where necessary recommendations to the Environmental Health Manager in accordance with the scheme of delegation in force. To attend Court, public enquiries, industrial tribunals or other forums.
· To provide professional advice on matters related to the lead area/work of the team – liaising with other departments/directorates, outside bodies in the public and private sector, voluntary groups, members of the public, elected representatives – issue advice and instructions to staff and give interpretations of existing and future legislation as required.
· To represent the Head of Service and Environmental Health Manager as and when required, including acting for the Council under delegated powers and giving evidence in legal proceedings and Public Enquiries, and attendance at committees.
· Ability to manage a regulatory team to provide an effective and efficient high-quality service in a diverse multicultural environment.
· Significant experience of regulatory services including working collaboratively on enforcement cases with other agencies and services and providing enforcement services in respect of vulnerable individuals.
· Experience of successfully implementing changes in service delivery, delivering service improvements, as necessary, in line with corporate objectives and standards.
· Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health, Diploma of Institute of Acoustics, or a degree level or above qualification in a relevant area, or a recognized management qualification is advantageous.
NB - This role will be Hybrid (2-3 days in office per week).
To register your interest, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 020 8125 4321.
Apply for Environmental Health Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert