Environmental Health Officer
Management Grouping: Place
Team: Property Licensing and Private Sector Housing Standards
Contract: Permanent / 36 per week
Salary: £37, 500 - £43, 731
Closing Date: 11th April 2023
Job reference: PL00000494
The London Borough of Bexley designated a selective licensing area in 2018 and we now have an opportunity for an individual to join the Property Licensing and Private Sector Housing Standards Team.
The work will involve assisting in the licensing of these properties, identifying unlicensed properties and brining properties up to standard. This may involve taking enforcement action and, preparing cases for enforcement action and instigate legal proceedings. The work may also involve identifying unlicensed properties within the selective licensing scheme and unlicensed houses in multiple occupation (HMO). You will also provide technical evidence in court proceedings, tribunals and Public Inquiries.
You will need to have a relevant degree or an equivalent level of experience in Property Licensing and Housing. Knowledge of major legislative, social and economic issues is key. Experience of communicating to a variety of audiences in an array of methods such as; writing complex correspondence, delivering presentations and handling complaints is also required.
For further information please contact Michael Cooper, Team Leader (Property Licensing & Private Sector Housing Standards) on 0203 045 4373 or e-mail at Michael.Cooper@bexley.gov.uk
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: 11th April 2023
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
If you are interested in applying for this role, click here and quote the reference number to apply now: https://saas.zellis.com/lbb/wrl/
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.