Operational Risk Business Partner
- National Trust
- Northern Ireland
- Closing date
- 19 Mar 2023
- Environmental Protection, General Environmental Health
- Consultant, EH Practitioner
- Contract Type
- Full Time
IRC133705 - Operational Risk Business Partner
Salary: £42,588 per annum
Contract type: Permanent f/t (37.5 hrs pw)
Closing date: 19 March 2023
Address: Saintfield, Ballynahinch, BT24 7LH
In an organisation as complex, varied and exciting as the National Trust, managing our risk is a significant part of the business. Imagine visiting and working at some of our amazing places, using your skills and experience to ensure they are looked after for everyone, for ever.
You'll hold a full UK driving license and be willing to travel within Northern Ireland. This may occasionally involve overnight stays as and when required.
Your contractual location will be one of our regional hubs or properties, however there will be an opportunity to explore and agree hybrid working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust.
What it's like to work here
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine. We’ve got passionate people in all our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve.
We want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them.
What you'll be doing
At the Trust, no two days are alike. You will act as the ‘one stop shop’ in providing general advice to a portfolio of properties in Northern Ireland. Your day could be anything from dealing with regulators, helping develop internal policy or advising on complex property related projects across a varied geographical area, with everything from mansion houses, villages, farms, castles, monuments and acres of woods, coast and open countryside. You will need to be adept at flexing your style and taking a pragmatic and imaginative approach to achieve compliance.
You will report to the Senior Operational Risk Business Partner and be closely supported by the National Specialists within Operational Risk.
Who we're looking for
You can view the full role profile for this role in the document attached. You don't need to have all the knowledge, skills and experience listed in the role profile; this is just to provide a full picture of what is possible in this role. For this role we are looking for someone who has:
- Relevant qualification in Health and Safety (e.g. member of IOSH or CIEH) with strong technical expertise in Health and Safety and Risk Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of the relevant legislative frameworks
However, more importantly, it’s not just what you know, but how you share it. Practical and pragmatic, you'll be able to demonstrate great influencing skills as well as the ability to build strong relationships – both internally and externally.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Free entry to National Trust properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Tax free childcare scheme
- Rental deposit loan scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
- Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
- Flexible working whenever possible Employee assistance programme
- Free parking at most locations
- Independent financial advice
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert