Senior Manager UK Environmental, Occupational Health, Safety and Sustainability
- competitive salary and excellent bonus and benefits
- Closing date
- 2 Apr 2023
- General Environmental Health, Health and Safety
- Management, Senior / Principal
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Provide leadership of the EHS/Occupational Health program for BMS UK (non-Manufacturing), through the planning, implementation and maintenance of a robust EHS management system that covers all BMS UK Offices, including Chester and Uxbridge sites and all Field Activities. Provide leadership to ensure compliance with UK EHS/Occupational Health laws, regulations, and ensures alignment with BMS global directives and policies.
- Interact with the global EOHSS Team and implement all BMS EOHSS Directives and Policies.
- Represent Global EOHSS as the Subject Matter Expert for Crisis Management and Emergency Response within UK.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise in UK regulations in addition to current industry best practices through benchmarking and external engagement.
- Lead the design, development and implementation Environmental Health and Safety programs These programs include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Occupational Health and Safety programs and initiatives, Driver Safety, Environmental Permits, reporting and compliance, Ergonomics, Office Safety and Sustainability, Fire Protection and Site Emergency, Contractors Safety.
- Develop robust inclusive relationships with HQ staff, Regional Field Sales personnel and Country teams to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration and engagement.
- Plan and coordinate environmental permit applications environmental reports and sustainability.
- Lead the routine deployment of site emergency response team. Provide 24/7 emergency response capability for Head Office and ensuring effective plans at Offices.
- Interface with local regulatory agency officials and Lead EHS Committees.
- Partner with Occupational Health colleagues to promote UK Occupational Health Program
- Partner with Human Resources Team to ensure all aspects of the local laws relating to Occupational Health are complied with.
- Support the implementation of a Wellbeing program for UK.
- Lead the Driver Safety program. Assist and advise in the selection of Field Sales vehicles.
- Manage Contractor Safety program.
- Manage and maintain EHS recordkeeping systems to track incidents, training and corrective actions. Manage workers compensation cases, including return to work program implementation.
- Participate in development and reporting of metrics within country, region and global team as required.
- Coordinate the waste management program including identification and evaluation of properly licensed hazardous and medical waste disposal firms.
- Maintain liaison with Facilities, Engineering and operating departments to facilitate design and implementation of site projects with EHS impacts.
Qualifications, skills and behaviors:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health, Safety, Environmental Sciences or related scientific technical field.
- Extensive experience in Environment, Health and Safety required with a track record to implement EHS programs successfully in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Leadership skills to perform at a high level across a matrix organization, having the skills and personality to motivate, encourage and develop a high performing EOHSS program.
- Possesses a growth mindset, who champions inclusiveness, with a personality that places a high importance on integrity and accountability.
- Ability to provide resilient leadership during the preparation and implementation of emergency Response/Crisis Management plans.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety principles/regulations and Health Standards.
- Self-motivated, have a continuous improvement mindset, and highly capable of taking the initiative with issues that arise in the UK.
- Ability to develop proactive programs with the judgment and skill to implement in a timely fashion is critical. Proven ability to direct, manage, motivate, lead and negotiate with diverse population and multi-functional teams.
- Response to emergencies and major incidents must evoke confidence and ability to respond to rapidly changing situations. Demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects/tasks, effectively prioritizing tasks, communicating project/task status and ensuring timely closure of assignments.
- Knowledge of EHS Management systems such as ISO 45001 and ISO 14001:2004.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert