Regulatory Unit Practitioner
- Milton Keynes City Council
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £38,296 - £42,503
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Environmental Protection
- EH Practitioner
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Regulatory Unit Practitioner
Salary: £38,296 - £42,503
Job Reference: mkc/TP/238/751
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 37
Closing Date: 28 March, 2023
Our Environmental Protection and Noise Team has a new full-time role for someone with a keen interest in investigative work who wishes to work as part of a small and dedicated team.
As a Regulatory Unit Practitioner, you’ll be responsible for investigating statutory environmental health nuisances including pollution incidents, noise, air quality, private water supplies and contaminated land.
To deliver a full range of environmental protection and noise officer duties including, but not limited to:
- To investigate and manage a caseload of ‘statutory nuisances’ associated with noise, light and odour
- To ensure the impact of nuisances is controlled using negotiation and appropriate enforcement powers when required
- Be able to assess domestic and commercial noise sources with regard to current guidance contained in BS4142, and BS 8233
- Investigate complaints of noise, dust and vibration from construction sites and be familiar with Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Be able to install noise monitoring equipment in residential properties and be able to download and interpret the results
- Investigate Pollution, Environmental & Emergency Incidents supporting our emergency planning colleagues and external organisations
- Respond to Planning and Licensing Consultations as a consultee
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional qualification or equivalent demonstrable knowledge in relevant specialist areas
- Experience in regulating environmental protection and noise matters
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation and codes of practice
- A team player who can work collaboratively to achieve shared goals and meet deadlines
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates of 18.8%.
- 27 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years. (From April 2023 this will increase to 28, and 32 days after 5 years)
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
About the Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes City Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert