Environmental Health Officer / Senior Environmental Health Officer
- Wakefield Council
- West Yorkshire
- £34,723 - £37,291 / £38,296 - £41,496
- Closing date
- 19 Feb 2023
- Environmental Protection, Housing, Public Health
- EH Practitioner, Management, Senior / Principal
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Environmental Health Officer/Senior Environmental Health Officer
Job reference: 235517
Salary: £34,723.00 - £37,291.00 Grade 9, £38,296.00 - £41,496.00 Grade 10. Career Grade
Contract: Permanent, Full-time, 37 Hours
Closing date: 19/02/2023
We are seeking Environmental Health Officer/ Senior Environmental Health Officer to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Environmental Health Team.
What will be expected from me?
The purpose of this role is to carry out statutory functions in relation to nuisance including investigation, resolution and enforcement of noise, dust, odour, light and smoke to protect the health and wellbeing of residents and businesses. As well as preventing nuisance happening using the planning consultation process. Training will be provided.
What might I be doing?
- You will undertake a range of interventions as an authorised local authority officer, including, complaint investigation, monitoring, provision of advice and enforcement activity.
- You will ensure compliance with relevant legislation, statutory guidance, including research and monitoring, relating to the regulatory function. .
- You will respond to planning applications on pollution and air quality.
- Ensure customer requests are dealt with according to service or statutory timescales.
- You will assist the Specialist/Functional Team Manager with research, training, development, and delivery of the specialist work area. (Senior Grade)
- Accredited BSc degree or MSc in Environmental Health or other equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- Full UK Category B Driving Licence for cars / light vans
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- We are looking for someone with excellent customer care as training and support will be given.
- Demonstrate an ability to self-motivate with an enthusiastic can-do attitude.
What can I expect?
- This is a Full-Time post of 37 hours per week. * Choose to be home based with all equipment provided or work from our modern office (Wakefield One -next to Westgate Station) or mix both alternatives.
- 28-30* days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays. *Grade Depended.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
We would be happy to consider job-share applications for 18.5 hours each week or other part-time working hours.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert