Our Private Sector client in North West England is seeking 20x Environmental Enforcement Officers to join their team on an interim basis. They will consider both experienced and inexperienced officers. The roles are spread out across the area.
Main Purpose of the Role
As an Environmental Enforcement Officer, you will be required to patrol the borough in an intelligence-led manner, by way of engaging and educating members of the community and when necessary enforcing the legislation in which you will be authorised to act on – this would be done by issuing an on the spot Fixed Penalty Notice.
Within your role, you will be:
- Patrolling the borough in accordance with an agreed deployment strategy, which would be set & explained by your Team Manager.
- Investigating complaints raised by the community of the council and ensuring you report back your findings to your Team Manager.
- Engaging and educating members of the public with regards to Environmental Crime, emphasising the importance for all to play their part in keeping the borough clean.
- Interacting directly with offenders and issuing a Fixed Penalty Notice for all offences in which you are authorised to do so.
- Ensuring you are well versed on the legislation in which you are enforcing; this would be taught to you within our bespoke Enviro Crime Induction Course.
- Completing a thorough notebook entry together with a witness statement for every issuance.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- The ability to communicate with all members of the public, at times in demanding circumstances – it is important for the candidate to remain resilient.
- The ability to use own initiative when carrying out their role, and work within a team environment.
- Full UK Driver’s License & access to their own vehicle
- Understanding that this role is based outdoors, regularly on foot in all weather conditions.
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Will be physically fit as you may be required to carry our foot patrol for prolonged periods.
- Capable to successfully complete their Enviro Crime Induction Course and be signed off as being competent for independent patrol by their assigned Training Officer.
This is a full-time contract, whereby you will be required to work 4 days on, 4 days off at a total of 40 x hours per week. The successful candidate will be paid £12 per hour PAYE dependent on which team you go to, access to 28 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays).
It is imperative you have a full UK Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle.
To register your interest, please either call us on 020 8125 4321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.