We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and innovative individual with drive and determination to join our dedicated team.
Working within the Regulatory Service you will be expected to manage your own caseload, investigating, and enforcing a range of legislation across environmental health work with food, occupational health and safety, infectious diseases, and licensing.
Ensuring a high standard of service delivery and performance, your day-to-day role will involve carrying out interventions; investigating complaints to a successful resolution; working collaboratively with and supporting our customers, businesses, and other partners to bring about improvements; and participating in new ways of working. You will think of new and innovative solutions to help businesses meet their legal obligations.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Environmental Health Officer. Site visits are required in a large rural area so the suitable candidate will have the ability to travel throughout the West Suffolk area.
West Suffolk Council operate a tablet-based inspection system, comprising of an inspection form, letter and report for which training will be provided. As such we require the successful candidate to ensure their IT skills are at a high level.
This is an exciting time to be joining West Suffolk Council which has gained a reputation for being ambitious and forward-thinking. The successful applicant will have to demonstrate a record for working at pace, embracing change and delivering against objectives.
In return we offer our employees:
- access to a unique employee benefits package which includes discounts and cashback on supermarkets, high street shops, holidays, mobile phones, electrical goods, savings and loan schemes and many other products and services
- flexible working options to enable work/life balance
- agile working (ability to work in the office and from home) with work being an activity we do, not a place we go
- a range of Health and Wellbeing initiatives including an employee assistance programme
- discounted membership at Abbeycroft Leisure centres
- a culture of learning inspiring staff to focus on continuous learning
- annual leave entitlement of 24 days per annum (pro rata if part time) plus bank holidays, increasing to 28 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service (with an option to buy up to an additional 10 days annual each year subject to approval)
- a generous pension scheme (LGPS) including life assurance (a payment of three times your annual salary)
- Salary sacrifice benefits including Cycle to Work scheme, Tusker Leased Car Scheme and SmartTech (buy the latest tech products interest free and spread the cost over your salary).
- Modern office accommodation
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Claire McKenna, (Commercial Environmental Health Team Leader) on 01284 757056 or email email@example.com