Environmental Health Officer (Commercial & Licensing)
£37,261 - £42,503 per annum (City Pay Band 6)
Cambridge City and Working from Home
37 Hours Per Week
You’ll be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team working in the vibrant city of Cambridge where Environmental Health is an important and highly regarded service. At Cambridge City we work as one council to achieve our vision, to make Cambridge a great place to live, learn and work and where we care for the planet and our people.
Making a difference at a local level in the Commercial & Licensing team you will be focused on ensuring that we secure the relevant standards in relation to all commercial premises and taxi licensing in accordance with legislation and service policy. This will include:
- Undertaking inspections and investigations of commercial premises complaints for food safety, health and safety and licensing
- Investigation of complaints and compliance with licensing conditions of taxis
- Dealing with statutory nuisance from commercial premises and outdoor events
- Contributing to the improvement of the night time economy in the city
- Responding to public health concerns. This varied remit will ensure that there is never a dull moment.
You will join us with the ability to interpret and apply legislation, communicate well at all levels, prepare, and write reports and be able to present facts and negotiate in a balanced manner. You will have experience of working with the public, carrying out investigations and inspections and a knowledge of current legislation.
We encourage agile working arrangements, and this fantastic opportunity will require a flexible approach; so, you will be comfortable carrying out site visits as well as working remotely. You will bring your ambition, along with your up-to-date knowledge of current legislation and practice, to support our values and deliver a high-quality service to the City of Cambridge.
Maybe you have reached your personal and professional goals in your current role or, perhaps you’re looking to take that next step and are considering a sideways move into a really interesting and important area of work.
With such a broad range of work, ready for you to encounter, the Environmental Health service can help provide you with a range and depth of experiences that really count.
Could this be your next step?
What we can offer:
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible working
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Access to the highly valued Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- A variety of learning and development opportunities via a range of sources and methods
- Confidential advice and support via the Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and well-being programme
- Subsidy for public transport
- Staff reward and recognition framework
Owing to the nature of this position you will need to be able to travel around the city.
Please contact us for more information about the role on offer and who we are looking for. If you would like an informal chat, please email Yvonne O’Donnell email@example.com or call 01223 457951.
Click on the links here to find out more information about Staff Pay and Benefits, Working for the Council or Equality & Diversity in Recruitment
To download a pack that tells you more about the role or to make an application, please visit www.cambridge.gov.uk/careers
Closing date: 12 noon, 30th January 2023