We are working with our London client in their search for an Interim Head of Service starting imminently.
Daily Rate - £DOE
You will work in conjunction with the Strategic Lead for Environmental Health and Regulatory Services, other senior managers, other council services and with Cabinet and Lead Members, protecting the health, safety and welfare of residents, businesses and visitors in the district by using your previous regulatory, management and leadership experience.
You will be accountable for leading and delivering excellent services to residents in line with the council’s vision, values, resources, strategic and service priorities; across the assigned range of regulatory and enforcement services maintaining resilient teams; from different locations; at different times of the day/week, managing over 20 staff and a budget of between £700K - £1.2M, across a range of cost centres.
Your remit will cover the management of;
- Environmental Public Protection
- Food Safety and Infectious Diseases
- Health & Safety, Animal Health and Special Treatments
- Licensing and Markets
- Pest Control
- Private Sector Housing (Licensing & Enforcement)
- Trading Standards and hosted London Trading Standards (LTS) functions
- You will have an Environmental Health degree/MSc or the Diploma in Trading Standards
- Experience of managing and understanding financial issues related to local authorities including participation in the formulation of financial objectives, budgets and strategies in relation to achieving service objectives.
- Experience of providing leadership, direction and management for two or more of the following statutory functions: Food Safety; Health & Safety; Licensing; Markets; Noise and Nuisance; Private Sector Housing; or Trading Standards.
- Experience of initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating policy initiatives and organisational change programmes and providing practical responses to a range of management and service issues.
To register your interest please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 432.