Come and work for an award winning organisation!
We are committed to making Cheltenham a better place to live and work, enabling local residents and businesses to prosper whilst protecting what is good about our Borough.
About the role…
As the Senior EHO you will assist the Team Leader in delivering and improving the Council’s food safety service. You will also be managing your own caseload so will require excellent time management skills. Taking a risk based and more intelligence led approach to managing food safety, you will be at the forefront of navigating us through change, assisting with resourcing and managing the welfare and performance of your team.
To be successful you will need…
- A degree in Environmental Health and a Certificate of Registration
- Extensive experience in food safety matters in a regulatory environment.
- A management qualification would be an advantage
- For more information about this role please see the Job Description and Person Specification.
What can we do for you…
- An excellent pension scheme. You will be eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- A generous holiday entitlement of 25 days rising to 30 days after five years. Part-time employees receive a pro rata entitlement of 25 days.
- A flexible and agile working environment. We aim to provide opportunities to work from home or elsewhere and offer flexibility in working hours.
- A comprehensive programme of learning and development.
- Two days paid time off for volunteering.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity schemes.
- An employee counselling service.
- Free eye tests (for some posts) and contribution towards the cost of glasses.
- A cycle to work scheme.
- Low cost town centre parking for some jobs, depending on work location.
- A commitment to employee wellbeing.
To apply for this position please click on "apply now" within this page to complete an application form and supporting statement together with your CV. Please tell us about your skills, knowledge, qualifications, experience and how they meet the criteria listed above and in the job description/person specification. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so let us know what’s important to you and why you want to work for Cheltenham Borough Council. Your CV will not be available to the hiring manager unless you are shortlisted for interview to assist with our non-biased screening process so please ensure you complete the application form in full.
It is important that our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from people of all genders and sexual orientation, those from Black, Asian, and other minority ethnic backgrounds, and those with disabilities.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults, young people and children. Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire and provide references; proof of identity, nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER