Housing Standards Team Leader
Salary up to £45,495 per annum plus essential car allowance (£1,239pa)
We are looking to recruit a Housing Standards Team Leader to manage and lead an efficient and effective team of Environmental Health and Technical Officers. The team deliver statutory services to improve private sector housing and help residents remain independent in their homes with the installation of life-changing disabled adaptations.
The post holder will have significant knowledge of private sector housing and possess strong leadership skills focussing on performance and improvement.
This is a challenging and varied job providing an excellent opportunity to use expert knowledge and technical skills, develop your own ideas to ensure a high-quality service, lead projects and engage in partnership working.
Chichester District is a highly attractive place to live and work and home to a number of historic towns and villages surrounded by beautiful countryside. Centred on the historic cathedral city of Chichester it is a large rural district stretching from the south coast to the Surrey border and includes a large part of the South Downs National Park and the tranquil
A degree in Environmental Health or equivalent is essential
The post comes with an essential car user allowance; flexible working hours; subsidised sports facilities and opportunities for further training.
Chichester District Council offers flexible working patterns including the option of a 9 day fortnight, in addition to options to buy additional annual leave. The Council promotes a work/life balance, including the ability to operate from home as well as from the office.
Closing date: 11/12/2022
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent defined benefits Pension Scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday going up to 30 days after 5 years (or before with previous service) plus paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time (available for most positions) - potential to build up an extra 12 days leave a year
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home and 9-day fortnight options
- Employee Assistance Programme for staff and their relatives
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Car and Cycle Loan Scheme/discounted city centre parking/ Lease Car Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks and free eye tests plus subsidised leisure centre membership
- Payment of your main professional subscription fee.
- Training and development opportunities – including funding of professional qualification training
- Staff Awards Scheme
Chichester District Council has a commitment to Equality of Opportunity in Employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult for you to complete our application form please contact the HR Section who will assist you.