A local authority based in Sussex is looking for an experienced team leader to join their team on an interim basis.
In this role you will be responsible for the management of both regular officers, DFG officer and licencing officers.
- Ensure the Council’s statutory duties and responsibilities relating to the provision of housing standards, enforcement, HMOs and Disabled Facilities Grants are met
- To lead, develop and motivate the housing standards team ensuring the effective allocation of resources and be responsible for the day-to-day management of a the team. This will include staff performance and absence management, and personal development, including setting individuals targets and goals for the year, allocating work and providing regular supervision to staff.
- Investigate complaints and enquiries from members of the public, Councillors, and MP’s in respect of DFG’s and assist the Housing Standards and Supply Manager with preparing a response.
- Develop options and maximise opportunities for bringing empty properties in the district back into use, liasing with the Housing Solutions team and other departments.
- Provide necessary training to new post holders and students, including work experience trainees.
The role is for a minimum of 6 months and will be hybrid, however an office presence will be required.
Rates are starting from £50 per hour.
If you would like to know more about the role then please do get in touch with myself on 020 7766 9000 or shoot me a quick email and I will be in touch.