Buckingham Futures are working on behalf of a client in Surrey for an Environmental Health Technician/ Officer to carry out a remit of work within nuisance and private sector housing.
· To investigate complaints of nuisance and anti-social behaviour from the first point of referral through to resolution, including advising and supporting complainants, witnesses and perpetrators, and seeking informal resolution such as mediation, and where appropriate, taking legal action.
· The investigation of complaints concerning private sector housing, including houses in multiple occupation; undertaking risk assessments based on the Housing Health and Safety Rating System and other appropriate standards.
· To assist in the administration of the Councils HMO licensing scheme
· To respond appropriately to requests for service in accordance with national and local guidance and procedures.
· To provide robust evidence when required to enable formal action to be undertaken, including the taking of witness statements, interviewing under caution, compiling accurate case and prosecution files and where appropriate, attend court to give evidence.
· To assess and progress applications for financial assistance, including DFGs. Working with applicants, Occupational Therapists, agents, contractors and other interested parties as appropriate to bring about successful outcomes for applicants.
· Issuing Fixed Penalty Notices to members of the public where an incident has been witnessed which is found to be in contravention of relevant legislation.
· Relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Environmental Health, or significant relevant experience in a similar role.
· Detailed knowledge of the investigation of nuisance and anti-social behaviour complaints, private sector housing complaints, licensing of HMOs and the processing of Disabled Facilities Grants.
· Knowledge of other disciplines within the wider Environmental Health remit to enable the provision of assistance with outbreaks, environmental monitoring and emergency situations.
NB - This role will be paying circa £44ph.
To register your interest, please either email email@example.com or call us on 020 8125 4321.